Unbalanced Tire Wear Issue

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
TheWolf 發表於 2011-8-2 06:58:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

遊客登錄

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?新玩家註冊

x
I found my 1:8 buggy tire wear got more serious on the left side, ie the opposite site of the exhausted pipe.   Wondering if it's the air pressure ejecting from the pipe increased the weight (loading) of the left side?   Checked the clearance of both side and shock setting in static state balanced.   If my guess is true, what solution to counter-balance it DYNAMICALLY?
2#
cocabb 發表於 2011-8-2 11:33:56 | 只看該作者
回復 TheWolf 的帖子

Hi, let me try to reply your concern see any help may be done to your buggy. I am not an expert on 1:8 gas buggy but know a bit on real car -  uneven tire wear are usually caused by the suspension setting, damper and shocks, + or - camber may induce uneven angle in contact with the surface, as a result you will find the tire worn out unevenly. in the real world cars needs to carry out 4 wheels alignment to ensure even contact to the surface (certainly not mentioning modification of suspension with harsh setting for fast corner etc in this case). to RC model make sure you check your worn tire camber, straightness and degree in contact the surface are identical to other side.
I believe that's nothing to do with air pressure jetting out from the pipe etc... unless you have a jet engine given some special setting.

Hope that help.   
3#
hk_sdu 發表於 2011-8-2 12:05:38 | 只看該作者
Pls check 2 more things
1. see if your track is clockwise, more high speed right turn
2. check the static weight balance of car left & right
4#
hardmankam 發表於 2011-8-2 12:09:49 | 只看該作者
本帖最後由 hardmankam 於 2011-8-2 12:11 編輯

回復 TheWolf 的帖子

I agree with cocabb c-hing that tire wear is mainly affected by the settings of your car rather than the exhausted pipe.

The course you are running also affect tire wear, since the amount & the speed of left and right turns are different; hence it is very difficult to have even wear for all 4 tires in a race course.   

I play on-road foam, but the same ideas apply.  I rotate my L/R tires after 2-3 runs to even out the unevenness.
5#
 樓主| TheWolf 發表於 2011-8-2 23:42:43 | 只看該作者
Thanks all Ching, will try setting it overriding stock setting!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 11:19 , Processed in 0.089945 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On.