[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 17:02:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

遊客登錄

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?新玩家註冊

x
Hi Guys,

Havent played in a while, last car was tc6.1.
Looking to buy one to build over Christmas, any suggestions?
2#
blackshark3 發表於 2013-12-21 17:41:10 來自手機 | 只看該作者
Crucial question: what's your budget?
3#
 樓主| xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 17:47:17 | 只看該作者
本帖最後由 xiang 於 2013-12-21 18:02 編輯

I could be tempted to splash out for T4. But its a bit boring. Last xray i played was 008
Im thinking lower end range as I wont play as often as i used to.
My friends mentioned CSO and RGT2

CSO they say the arms break easy
RGT2 - dont know anyone playing this car.
Any comment on the TOP S4 or VBC?only i dont like VBC only sell from 1 shop

4#
Salviour94 發表於 2013-12-21 18:37:50 | 只看該作者
xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 17:47
I could be tempted to splash out for T4. But its a bit boring. Last xray i played was 008
Im thinkin ...

T42014好跑好彎 好受油 你玩既時間係008幾年前了 差好遠 cso個啲有排set先好跑..
5#
 樓主| xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 19:14:38 | 只看該作者
sry, i cant read chinese lol - translation anyone?
6#
RANKS 發表於 2013-12-21 20:20:28 | 只看該作者
TOP S4 is the budget choice but actually Yokomo BD7 is not unattainable at this time, the reveal of 2014ver BD7 made current version pice down alot, 400USD even lower
7#
albertau2011 發表於 2013-12-21 20:32:43 來自手機 | 只看該作者
VBC06 ok
8#
Salviour94 發表於 2013-12-21 21:18:43 | 只看該作者
xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 19:14

T4 2014 good for run and turn also, when you play xray t2 008 is any years ago
it is a good idea to select xray 2014 to play
furthermore,if you play the cso one you may spend more time to set the car
9#
yakuza 發表於 2013-12-21 22:04:28 來自手機 | 只看該作者
will u consider Sakura ultimate? This car has some unique design and good reputation,  most important is parts always available and reasonable price.
10#
leehoupin 發表於 2013-12-21 22:28:59 | 只看該作者
CSO -V2 is a very good car for the money ,the design is new and as long as u build it right ,it preform very well. Do u usual build your own car ? The fit and finish and QC some times might have problem but so far mine run very well . Touch WWDC I have not had any problem yet.
11#
blackshark3 發表於 2013-12-21 22:46:18 | 只看該作者
xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 19:14

Funny you can't read Chinese yet approached a Chinese website for question....

Anyway, assume your budget is around HK$2k for the chassis, and you are looking for latest batch of "competition" TC chassis, you could look no further than the RGT Pro or CSO V2. I personally have the CSO V2 (2 of them in fact), and compared to the other belt cars that I ran for the past 6 months (XRay T4 2013/2014, VBC D06, BD7, Schumacher Mi5), IMO the CSO's performance is in par, if not better than the XRay 2014. The CSO V2 is a "hybrid" clone of the T4 and the BD7, and IMO the design cherry picked the best aspects of either car. However, the down side is that the QC and the material of the CSO left much to be desired, its got NO official instructions, you need quite some care and skills to assemble the chassis, parts just won't fit together as is, and that the material is not top notch (the metal parts are soft, quite easy to bend). For my CSO I used XRay diff gears and XRay sus arms on all corners to rid of any woes about the diff and the sus arms. On the other hand, the car turns on a dime, and is very good value for money, except that if you are a precision freak you might want to throw it away after about 50 charges as the metal parts inevitably wears out gives lots of slops.

I have no experience with the RGT, so no comment

What the XRay offer, is that its a sturdy chassis, capable of absorbing abuse from amateur's control like mine who just want enjoy running the car around track without participating into formal races. I ran both the 2013 and 2014, and frankly though I got a pair of the 2014 the day it was available I was quite disappointed about its sus pin mounting design given its not using pivot balls as most other would, and thus movement of the sus arm is not as smooth. However, in any case, if you can afford it, you won't go too wrong with the T4, its the safest, if not the best, bet there is.

If you are willing to spend a little more than the CSO, you might want to look at the VBC D06. Its a good car, parts fit together flawlessly, building it and running it is a joy.

Regardless of my comments above, however, the second crucial question is where are you located, and where do you plan to run? If you are not running in Hong Kong, then you should research the offering at your area, and which car most people run at the track you plan to run yours', cause no matter how good the chassis design is, parts and technical support is crucial to your experience. I have the Awesomatix which to many is the most revolutionary chassis there is now, but with nonexistent parts support I once had to wait for weeks for parts, and that's no joy.

My 0.002 cent and hope this helps

12#
 樓主| xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 23:45:39 | 只看該作者
本帖最後由 xiang 於 2013-12-22 00:06 編輯

Thanks for the feedback guys.... much appreciated!

VBC - i wanted to try when the first one came out... but i'm not a fan of the only shop that sells them.
CSO-v2 - sounded promising, i do build my own cars, but I dont change my cars every 3 months like some, so the slop it develops would be a problem for me.
Sakura - i remember a guy kept on breaking the plastic parts on his sakura, and it had some bad slop. Maybe the new one is better though
T4 - would be the safe bet, i might just do that, does the T4 come with metal shock bodies now or still plastic? front and rear Diffs?

ps. im located in HK, and used to play down at the wan chai track and JV sometimes. Im sure some of you guys remember me (the guy who holds the controller funny). Im very happy with my TC6.1, but i got some time off, so wanna build and tune another car for fun. Yes, funny that I can't read chinese, if there is a english RC forum in Hong Kong, please let me know. Also, im still using A123 batteries, as they're good for ppl like me that don't play that regularly. Lipo was pretty new when i started playing again, and they were expensive back then, as well as not having very good specs. Im sure thats changed now. but my A123 packs that i built are still in good condition for wan chai track use. not so great for JV though but i rarely go to JV.

thank you again guys! Merry Christmas and Happy RC'ing Chings!
13#
blackshark3 發表於 2013-12-22 00:11:05 | 只看該作者
xiang 發表於 2013-12-21 23:45
Thanks for the feedback guys.... much appreciated!

VBC - i wanted to try when the first one came ou ...

Too bad you want a car for Christmas...that new Associated TC 6.2 actually looks good on paper, but I doubt it could be available before Christmas...

As for the VBC, understand your preference on shops, but you are just buying the car and not making friend (though I must tell you that I am a frequent customer of that shop). And you could always get a friend to buy for you, or even get that from RC Mart who also carries VBC. The downside of VBC, IMO, is that some parts are quite expensive when compared to the same parts for other cars. (e.g. $19x for a pair of soft DCS dogbone...) Otherwise its a good car.

For CSO V2, you could approach CSO direct or buy from Hung Sing. I would recommend you get the Xray diff gears as I heard quite some negative comments about the stock gears and how to fit them for use. A pack of Xray gears did the job for me. I had one that ran with the original sus arms, and had the rear arm broke after 10 charges, so bought two complete sets of the new T414 sus arms and used on my CSO pairs, never had to change the sus arms even after some flips and rolls.

As for XRay, the T4 doesn't comes with front gear diff nor metal shock spring cups. One of the virtues of T4 is that hop up junkies like me could spend lots of money on it... I think I spent thousands on hop ups on my T4/14 pair...However, last I heard most shops are out of the T414, except for one upstair shop at 1/F who still have maybe one or two...

Goodluck on your Christmas shopping.
14#
oolongtea 發表於 2013-12-22 00:42:08 來自手機 | 只看該作者
Hi, Xiang, if you are use to buy metal parts for your TC6.1, you should choose Xray T4 for next.
if you choose CSO, I believe finally it will become a Xray T4.
15#
b9605084 發表於 2013-12-22 01:21:02 來自手機 | 只看該作者
Xray T 2 2008 very different from nowadays T4 2014. Car look like similar, but every small improvement combine together make big different
16#
maxkam 發表於 2013-12-22 12:28:59 | 只看該作者
I`ve bought my RGT Pro a few months back and I have ran it quite a few times either on a track, which is usually JV, or on a basketball court right round the corner from my house. General impression is that the car is very stable and can maintain the excellent traction across the power band, as well as offering great turn in ability and an OK exiting characteristic. The parts support is rather limited as a whole, but the supplier RC- Penny is more than friendly and I think that his supply of RGT parts is complete so no worries there for not having any part support, well at least for the next two years or so. Building the chassis is a piece of cake because the part are well made and well designed compared to some of it`s rivals like the R1 or Sakura Xi, so fitting the entire chassis together takes minimum effort. The aluminium parts are 6061 T6allthe plastics are Carbon reinforced, the turnbuckles are made out of spring steel, much like the T4.
There are several set-up sheets onthis website already and they are reference sheets written by drivers who had dominated the Team Powers cup a while back, against other touring cars and drivers of different brands. I started from one of the sheets written for JV and already the car is better than anything else I`ve driven in my life. I dare say that it even turns better than the T3  2012. So the RGT really is a great chassis amongst it`s competitors, I don't see any reason for not considering one. Thanks
17#
tsfai 發表於 2013-12-22 13:19:51 | 只看該作者
Great comments and details! I learn some additional information in some of the latest chassis that was not(or not being able to be) shared in Chinese. Please keep on providing more comments as I am also looking for a mid-level chassis. What do you think of S4?
18#
 樓主| xiang 發表於 2013-12-22 13:34:44 | 只看該作者
thanks guys for all your input....

My shortlist now is:

T4
RGT Pro 2
Arc

I think the ARC and RGT are both lower end price range, which is nice. T4 is the safe bet, but i like to live a little and mix things up, rather than play the same car as everyone else. So basically, RGT or ARC.

KWS shops open today?
19#
hsiu 發表於 2013-12-22 14:09:42 | 只看該作者
ARC is a decent car with great price. people race ARC R10 2013 in Taiwan. It is reasonable stronger than most Japanese car and handle very well out if box. the parts are cheap to buy and suspension arms are interchangeable with Xray for the ease of parts.  highly recommended. they also have part to convert it into 200mm with VDS shell to turn it into a beast that capable of  chewing  an 1/8th if the track isn't super large.

personally I race Schumacher which is considered the most durable car at my local track. It run well and is an eye catcher. although a bit pricey but the quality is unmatched. the alu. parts from my Mi4 and Mi5 never bent a bit even when I  crushes so bad that destroy my chassis and shock tower while my old T4 bent in lesser crush.
20#
 樓主| xiang 發表於 2013-12-22 14:15:59 | 只看該作者
本帖最後由 xiang 於 2013-12-22 15:51 編輯

Yeah, im leaning towards the ARC, some of my friends just suggested it.
Is the Arc 2013 the new model? or a new one to be released soon?
Im guessing price range is around 2k range.
Anyone tell me which shops sell ARC and if they open today?
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 22:41 , Processed in 0.092788 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On.