收起左側

Restoration on XC Hardshell Pajero

[複製鏈接]
61#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2006-3-24 09:41:07 | 只看該作者
Another photo......
62#
J 發表於 2006-3-24 09:45:09 | 只看該作者
hey when are u putting some lights in it to finish it off ar?
63#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2006-3-24 12:31:34 | 只看該作者
原帖由 J 於 2006-3-24 09:45 發表
hey when are u putting some lights in it to finish it off ar?

So many projects...... so little time.....  
64#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2006-4-4 10:48:48 | 只看該作者
To show you guys my obsession of Pajeros, it starts with this 1:1 when I was study in the States....  2002 Mitsubishi Montero (Pajero's other name in the US) and ever since, I LOVE Pajeros!  These are just some photos I took during/after went offroading..... Enjoy!
65#
J 發表於 2006-4-4 10:58:15 | 只看該作者
ur dedication to pajeros not starting from the 1984 one mei?
66#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2006-4-4 11:06:18 | 只看該作者
原帖由 J 於 2006-4-4 10:58 發表
ur dedication to pajeros not starting from the 1984 one mei?

Well, that too.......  
67#
peter1024 發表於 2006-10-29 13:40:20 | 只看該作者

这个车真好看,我有一辆银色RTR版的。

可惜车壳裂了,不知道那里可以找到新的。
68#
lkt-5899 發表於 2007-1-13 09:50:06 | 只看該作者
原帖由 mikewu 於 2006-3-21 13:42 發表
OK Gens...  Thanks for all your suggestions....
And now, here is the comparison of re-pro stickers and original stickers.....  sticker on top is original and the bottom is re-pro... Not bad ga!

这种贴纸还买的到吗?
69#
beat 發表於 2007-1-13 23:03:05 | 只看該作者

回復 #4 mikewu 的帖子

nice project keep it up mike
70#
alwaysnico 發表於 2007-1-14 02:33:45 | 只看該作者
Mr. mike, u poisoned me this time, I just asked Mr. Ian to hold his Pajero for me. I will keep pm u for your opinion about it's restoration (since you are the expert of vintage pajero.) until i can have my pajero done and join your vintage party!
71#
speedstar 發表於 2007-1-14 11:19:56 | 只看該作者
原帖由 alwaysnico 於 2007-1-14 02:33 發表
Mr. mike, u poisoned me this time, I just asked Mr. Ian to hold his Pajero for me. I will keep pm u for your opinion about it's restoration (since you are the expert of vintage pajero.) until i can ...

That one has no front/rear/side wind shields....and it is next to impossible to find those parts nowadays. Restoration would be a great great challenge......
72#
alwaysnico 發表於 2007-1-14 11:43:35 | 只看該作者

回復 #71 speedstar 的帖子

yes, i know Mr. Speedstar
but Mr. Ian's offer was quite a great deal to me.
I am thinking if i couldn't got a factory wind shield, maybe at least I can custom made one for it,
and then i will not that "meat pain" to run it off road ma.
I will need you guys suggestions for restoration, especially for the custom made windshield and decal.... I will update the pregress for this project as well
73#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2007-1-15 11:07:02 | 只看該作者
原帖由 alwaysnico 於 2007-1-14 11:43 發表
yes, i know Mr. Speedstar
but Mr. Ian's offer was quite a great deal to me.
I am thinking if i couldn't got a factory wind shield, maybe at least I can custom made one for it,
and then i will  ...

Brother alwaysnico, cong. with your purchase on the hard shell pajero. However, not to disappoint you, I was told that the windshield is one of the hardest thing to find for the pajeros...  so better start your custom made windshield ready...........  but all in all, let us know if you need anything brother as I have purchase some spare parts overseas as I was restoring my CC01s..   Good luck!  
74#
alwaysnico 發表於 2007-1-15 16:28:48 | 只看該作者
Mr. Mike Wu, I was thinking if it is possible that i could use the cheap cheap china made pajero replica windshield to fit on mine.
if the molding of the replica is copy from the tamiya one, it may have a chance to fit in. or else i can only custom made it......
by the way, Mr Mike Wu, May i ask you to spare one of your custom made sticker for me?
and I also would like to ask what kind of material u used for shaving the pajero body? is it some kind of spray on stuff? Many thanks!
75#
 樓主| mikewu 發表於 2007-1-16 12:54:28 | 只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 alwaysnico 於 2007-1-15 16:28 發表
Mr. Mike Wu, I was thinking if it is possible that i could use the cheap cheap china made pajero replica windshield to fit on mine.
if the molding of the replica is copy from the tamiya one, it may have a chance to fit in. or else i can only custom made it......
by the way, Mr Mike Wu, May i ask you to spare one of your custom made sticker for me?
and I also would like to ask what kind of material u used for shaving the pajero body? is it some kind of spray on stuff? Many thanks!

I have never seen the cheap cheap copies but from what I recall the Pajero that the mainland made is a copy of the "newer Pajeros", meaning that it's the same one as the XB version.  Now, the one you have is the "older Pajero" right?  So you might not be able to use the window......     I think one of the brothers here has bought one so perhaps you can confirm with him.

In terms of the stickers, I am still trying to figure out a way to make it as right now the background is still white.  Meaning that the side stickers that says "3000 V6 Turbo Diesel" sticker is useless.  The only stickers I can make is the one on the spare tire, the tow hitch and the license plates...  But as soon as I figure out a way, I am more than happy to get you one of them.

When you say "shaving", do you mean getting the paint off the original or you mean like fix the scartches?  If you mean taking off the paint, I just the "paint removal" and simply use paint brush to brush the paint off.  Also I use "scrub foam" for larger surfaces as well..

Good luck and it's nice to see another Pajero get back to life again!!!  Please keep us posted!!!   
76#
speedstar 發表於 2007-1-16 13:03:44 | 只看該作者
原帖由 alwaysnico 於 2007-1-15 16:28 發表
if the molding of the replica is copy from the tamiya one, it m ...

The side windows can be made by plastic sheet.  The front windshield has a curvature so better see whether the replica's can fit.
I got the new version Pajero replica at Ap Liu Street. The windshield is detachable. If you can't find one I can sell you one since I got 2.
77#
alwaysnico 發表於 2007-1-16 13:10:14 | 只看該作者

回復 #76 speedstar 的帖子

THANKS speedstar brother!!!
i will go ssp today, see if i got any luck there, i will pm you tonight!
78#
speedstar 發表於 2007-1-16 13:33:43 | 只看該作者
原帖由 alwaysnico 於 2007-1-16 13:10 發表
THANKS speedstar brother!!!
i will go ssp today, see if i got any luck there, i will pm you tonight!

Previous thread for your reference:
http://bbs.rc-evo.com/viewthread.php?tid=11309&extra=&highlight=pajero&page=1
79#
alwaysnico 發表於 2007-1-16 21:05:57 | 只看該作者

回復 #78 speedstar 的帖子

Brother speedstar, the pajero you have mentioned is a newer model of pajero, I wonder if the windshield can fit.
Btw, I just got my PAJERO from Mr. Ian.... obviously mr. Ian like to run off road with this babe.....
haha. Anyway, The shell still in good shape and have no missing parts as I notice, which is a good news for me.
the body line over the roof and the hood area needed to be reshape and trimed....seems it 's gonna kill my whole annual leave!!!! Will keep you guys posted! Any suggestion for the new color and restoration, please advise ! Thanks bros!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 00:58 , Processed in 0.038436 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.