|This is a new revolutionary product from X Power for MR03 front suspension. It has a "3 in 1" feature which embedded "Camber Adjustment", "Ride Height Adjustment" and "Caster Function" in one product.|
It is highly compatible to Kyosho’s products. The Camber Adjustment and Ride Height Adjustment can be used with Kyosho’s stock and option front suspension arms. Given Camber Function requires moving backward the suspension arms, it is highly recommended to use together with X-Power’s suspension arms for the best result. The use of this product will not cause any problem for continue use of low front profile shell like HSV.
The beauty of this product is to adjust the front wheel camber from 0 degree to 3.5 degree very easily without changing the steering knuckles. All need to do is to loosen the screws of Camber Adjustment parts and adjust them accordingly. 3 cubes (0, 2 & 3.5 degree, refer to Remark below) are provided to assist adjustment to ensure cambers of right and left wheels are the same.
Suspension arms provide camber gain effect when the arms move up. Placing washers under the steering knuckles to adjust the ride height makes the ultimate camber different from what was indicated on the steering knuckles. This product can help to fine tune the final camber to the level you want.
Ride Height Adjustment
The stock set up of MR03 does not allow you to lower the ride height to a large extent. When placing too many washers under the steering knuckle to lower the ride height (when using new tyre), the resting angle of suspension arms will become "v" shape which means that the springs were pre-load too much. The front suspension will become too hard even soft springs were used. To overcome this, the only ways are either to use thinner tyres or cut/shorten the springs (which is highly not recommended).
This product can adjust the suspension arms resting angle to ensure it will stay as "—"shape even after washers were used to lower the ride height of car.
By inter-changing the right and left side of Ride Height Adjustment parts, this product is able to provide Caster function. Front caster is not commonly used in Mini-z. The benefit of it is to provide greater camber gain effect at low speed cornering (as the speed of the car is not high enough to kick in the camber gain effect of suspension arms). Also, it can strengthen the centering force of steering knuckles after exiting the corner.
Recommended Set Up Procedure
In view this is a "3 in 1" product, below is the set up procedure for easy reference.
1. Recommend to use 0 degree knuckles to start with and then place washers under the steering knuckles to achieve the best ride height.
2. If new tyres were used, you will notice that the resting angle of suspension arms will become "v" shape (since too many washers were used to lower the ride height).
3. Loosen the screws of Ride Height Adjustment parts to adjust the resting angle of suspension arms to make it become "—" shape again.
4. Lastly, adjust the camber by using the cubes provided. You may notice that the resting angle of suspension arms might change slightly, repeat step 3 above for fine tuning.
5. If you would use the caster function, inter-changing the right and left side of Ride Height Adjustment parts. Then repeat step 1 to 4 again to achieve the best setting you want.
The cubes (0 to 3.5 degree) provided are to help adjusting camber to ensure the ultimate camber of right and left wheels are the same. The indicated degree thereon does not necessary imply the final camber of the wheels as it was explained above that the camber of each wheel is depending on the ride height of the car (as there is camber gain effect of suspension arms).